Re: gTLD DNS RFP

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Tue Nov 30 22:56:12 1999

On Tue, 30 November 1999, "Newell, Tom" wrote:
> NSI recently released an RFP seeking hosts for gTLD DNS
> servers for COM/NET/ORG. As it likely reached the "sales"
> people at the organizations many of you represent, I
> thought it appropriate to send a "heads-up" to this list.

Is NSI replacing the current root-servers being used with
its own gTLD servers, or is this for the gTLD servers already
installed by NSI?  Since NSI already controls over 40% of the
servers used for COM/NET/ORG, and 40% seems to be the magic
number for continued reliable operation of the zones, I would
be interested in how diversity will be maintained.