Re: History question, Morris worm

  • From: Scott W Brim
  • Date: Mon Nov 22 17:26:10 1999

We disconnected the Cornell campus but kept our DMZ net connected, so we could get and send mail and news in a contained environment.

...Scott

At 15:50 11/21/1999 -0800, Sean Donelan wrote:

>and what's more fun, when they come back up on jan 3 or whatever, they will
>have whatever y2k problems then.

I recall after the Morris worm hit the Internet, reading a report sites
which unplugged their ARPANET connection were down longer than sites which
remain connected and got repair information over the net.

Does anyone else remember that, and knows a citation for the report (or
news story) I'm recalling?

Thanks.