Proactive notification, one disaster at a time

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Thu Nov 18 23:18:47 1999

Since I posted about the problem, I guess I should also post when a company
announces an improvement.

Worldcom announced today it will proactively notify customers about network
problems.  Its subsidary, UUNET, had a proactive notification program for a
few years.  Worldcom joins other companies such as BBN (now GTEI), who established a proactive notification program after a rat took down its west
coast operation and AT&T announced improvements in its notification program
after its network outage last year including multiple notification methods.

We all know there will be network problems from time to time.  Its good to
see one more company's management decide to add proactive customer notification.

I speak only for myself.