Internet coordination effort for the New Year

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Thu Nov 18 16:48:19 1999

I have a fair amount of participation. Interestingly enough no one reported
they were already participating in a reporting channel.  I have coverage from
ISPs, academic and maybe some data from a few exchange points.  I'll be sending
out details to those people by the end of November.

I would also like to get some coverage from large-scale web hosting people
and large-scale multi-play game sites.  They both seem to track their network
performance closely.

Also, does anyone have a contact at Keynote or Inverse?  The people I knew
have moved on.

Perhaps most worrisome is I've seen several "consultants" recommending to
customers to shutdown their e-mail over the new year's weekend.  Unfortunately
this could create a mail jam, and a large traffic load when they turn the e-mail
back on the following Monday.