Re: ISP Address Allocation

  • From: Patrick Evans
  • Date: Sun Nov 14 18:33:06 1999

On Sun, 14 Nov 1999 [email protected] wrote:

> > Or, in the event of this side of the pond, you could have a look at
> > the list of local IRs on www.ripe.net.
>
> These places are useful for finding out who "owns" what block of space,
> but the original question was more like "how do I found out all the
> address space an organization 'owns'?"  I'm not aware of an easy way to do
> that other than walking the entire IPv4 space at the appropriate
> registries.

RIPE's site has a good stab at that. The local IR page lists every
IR, alphabetically, by country, and lists all allocations for each
one. I know of no equivalent outside RIPE, but it works well enough on
this side of the Atlantic...

--
Patrick Evans - Sysadmin, bran addict and couch potato
pre at pre dot org                     www.pre.org/pre