RE: ARIN's New E-commerce System

  • From: Alex P. Rudnev
  • Date: Wed Nov 10 12:40:22 1999

Here in Russia 3 or 3 ISP use RIPE data base to configure routers (of course,
with the numerous checks to prevent accidents), and more and mroe tend to do ot.
I personally believe the prefix filtering is better than AS filtering, btw (we
use boths).

On Wed, 10 Nov 1999, Mark Persiko wrote:

> Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 09:55:12 -0700
> From: Mark Persiko <[email protected]>
> To: "'[email protected]'" <[email protected]>
> Subject: RE: ARIN's New E-commerce System
>

> As long as we are talking about ASN registrations, I have a
> question.  How many ISP's currently use a Routing Registry to
> configure their routers to accept network annoucements from
> only the AS's in the registry?
>
> Thanks,
>  Mark
>
> - Mark C. Persiko               Network Analyst/Systems Programmer -

Aleksei Roudnev, Network Operations Center, Relcom, Moscow
(+7 095) 194-19-95 (Network Operations Center Hot Line),(+7 095) 230-41-41, N 13729 (pager)
(+7 095) 196-72-12 (Support), (+7 095) 194-33-28 (Fax)