Re: PI space/filters question

  • From: Alex Pilosov
  • Date: Sun Nov 07 19:50:48 1999

On Sun, 7 Nov 1999, J.D. Falk wrote:

> On 11/07/99, Alex Pilosov <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > I'm running a startup ADSL ISP, and I'm like to know what are ARIN/IANA
> > requirements for getting space under 24.* block.
>
> 	Is this because you can't get space in other blocks, or...?

We can. The plan is to get 2 /24s from one upstream and 6 or 8 more from
another upstream, once we reach 'arin-acceptable' utilization level of
these blocks, get PI /20 from ARIN, and renumber there block.

However, I noticed that requirements for initial 24.* block allocation do
not specify existing allocations, and thought that sneaky way I might get
PI /20 by just specifying our approximate use in 6 months of the address
space.

-alex