Re: Sep 29 outage report withdrawn by Qwest

  • From: nicholas harteau
  • Date: Sun Nov 07 02:55:58 1999

Speaking of interesting Qwest incidents, I read in a local indie paper
today that the DNR fined Qwest something like $115k for damage to
wildlife and flora while it layed fiber between Green Bay, WI, and
someplace in Canada, and between Milwaukee, WI and Chicago, IL.
Interesting incidents if you're into buying politically correct
bandwidth.

Apparently thier contractors tore up a number of stream beds and whatnot
during thier trenching and made no efforts to repair them.  Not very
nice.

--
nicholas harteau
[email protected]