Re: Traffic engineering tools

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Thu Oct 21 23:45:36 1999

The votes are in, and the commercial winner for IP traffic engineering,
planning, modeling, etc package is

WAN DL <http://www.wandl.com/>

The most frequent comment was "its expensive."

Although WAN DL was the (only) commercial package mentioned, several
people reported they are working with some homegrown tools, or SWAG.  However no one was real happy with either the available commercial or
homegrown tools they were using.

Several vendor-types sent messages they are working on new tools for
release "any day now."

I was surprised I didn't hear about any projects from the academic
world.  The number of CS graduates continues to decline, have we
dropped below critical mass?