Re: IP-Internets

  • From: jeanlou.dupont
  • Date: Fri Oct 15 09:53:37 1999

BTW, the vast majority of SONET/SDH equipments achieve sub-50ms path protection
switching. (Requirement in BellCore/Telcordia states that SONET equipment must
detect a failure within 10ms and perform protection switching in no more than
50ms.)

Also, the mechanisms by which fast restoral happens in MPLS are usually tied to
SONET/SDH signals like:LOS (Loss Of Signal) and SD/SF (Signal Degrade/Signal
Fail).

cheers.
jld.

Alan Hannan <[email protected]> on 10/14/99 07:27:06 PM