Re: MCI WorldCom fiber cut - Houston, TX

  • From: Scott Drassinower
  • Date: Wed Oct 06 19:16:04 1999

It would also be a lot of fun to see all the gory details about how
exactly things got cut, and what they had to do to fix it.  Maybe it was
easy, maybe they ran out of slack in the cable and needed to wait hours
for more cable to arrive, maybe the one guy who knows how to fix things is
on vacation, etc.

I spoke to someone at MCI WorldCom Fiber Security who claims they have an
organized repository for stuff like this on their intranet.  If you're a
customer, they said the only way to find out about current outages is to
call the MFS/Brooks/whatever trouble number you have, or try to get your
sales rep to get post-mortem info if your outage was long enough to
trigger SLA credits.

--
 Scott M. Drassinower					    [email protected]
 Cloud 9 Consulting, Inc.			       	     White Plains, NY