Fwd: Other types of underground utilities

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Wed Oct 06 17:27:05 1999

Mike Heller <[email protected]> writes:
> I find it interesting that we don't hear about more accidental gas
> explosions and water main breaks from backhoes.  Are the blueprints and
> posted warnings more detailed or is there more fiber than utility pipe in
> the ground?

This forum isn't as sensitized when the problem affects other
utilities.  All
underground utilities have the problem.  In fact the US Federal Call
Before
You Dig program is administered by the Department of Transportation
pipeline
group because so many of the incidents involve them.

You might think excavators are more careful around explosive and deadly
things like high-pressure pipelines or high-voltage electrical lines.
But
I don't see it.

But this isn't the North American Gas Pipeline Operators Group (NAGPOG).