Re: SUMMARY: DACS vendor

  • From: Brandon Ross
  • Date: Mon Sep 27 04:12:24 1999

On Fri, 24 Sep 1999, Peter Polasek wrote:

> SUMMARY OF DACS VENDOR RESPONSES:

One thing I was hoping would come out of this summary was some comments on
the manageability of these types of devices from an IP perspective.  Do
any of them have Ethernet interfaces?  Telnet deamons?  SNMP?  Command
line interface (as opposed to menus or graphical)?  Text based
configuration file?

My interest is mostly in 3/1 and OCx/3/1 equipment.  If anyone has any
comments in this area, mail me privately and I'll summarize back to the
list.

Brandon Ross            Network Engineering     404-815-0770 800-719-4664
Director, Network Engineering, MindSpring Ent., Inc.  [email protected]
                                                            ICQ:  2269442
Read RFC 2644!
Stop Smurf attacks!  Configure your router interfaces to block directed
broadcasts. See http://www.quadrunner.com/~chuegen/smurf.cgi for details.