DACS vendor

  • From: Peter Polasek
  • Date: Wed Sep 22 16:38:28 1999

We are considering using Digital Access Cross Connect units (DACS)
to split T1 local loops into fractional T channels.  Given that
our current knowledge of DACS does not extend significantly beyond
the ability to spell the acronym, I am soliciting advice from the
network group for recommended hardware vendors.  Cost is not an
object, we are primarily concerned with choosing the 'industry
standard' manufacturer with the highest reliability and knowledgeable
technical support.  Please share your experiences (positive or
negative) with DACS equipment.  In an effort to minimize traffic on
the NANOG list, I request that responses be sent to my e-mail address
and I will submit a summary when all the votes are in.  The vendors
under consideration now are Adtran, Eastern Research, StarDAX, and
Fisher Price (we have some reservations about the latter product).

Thanks in advance,
Peter Polasek
[email protected]