Internic host modifications ?

  • From: Kai Schlichting
  • Date: Tue Sep 21 14:44:23 1999

Either this is just me, or: I am seeing nothing but a bunch
of "null connects" from mts1.internic.net , the host at NSI
that mails out most domain and host updates (and requests).
The last successful mails from mts2 and mts1, seem to be
at least 2 days old.

I also have trouble getting host modifications through - something
that has become critical as networks are getting renumbered at
an ever faster and busy pace.

Meanwhile, domain registrations are coming back as complete in
20-60 minutes. What's up with the host template processing ?

Anyone else wishing to comment how unpredicatable host registration
times are messing up their renumbering schedules and plans (there
is instances where serving both old and new IP numbers for registered
hosts is impractical, mostly due to neighboring machines in the
network not being able to reach said servers, as they had to be
relocated with /32 routes carried around the IGP to make them
visible to the rest of the AS) ?

bye,Kai

--
[email protected]             "Just say No" to Spam            Kai Schlichting
Palo Alto, CA                                Sophisticated Technical Peon