Re: MCI/Worldcom fiber cut in NY?

  • From: Jesper Skriver
  • Date: Fri Sep 17 07:39:37 1999

On Fri, Sep 17, 1999 at 06:50:53PM -0400, John Fraizer wrote:

> Is anyone else experiencing connectivity issues to MAE-EAST?  I have been
> informed that there is a MCI/Worldcom fiber cut in NY somewhere but, I have
> been unable to confirm this.

We have a DS3 delivered by MFS between 2 rooms on 111 8 Ave. that takes a path
over Broad street disconnected due to a fiber cut, we were told it was related to
Floyd ...

Sep 17 03:53:57.958 CEST: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Serial4/0/1, changed state to down

/Jesper

--
Jesper Skriver (JS4261-RIPE), Network manager
Tele Danmark DataNet, IP section (AS3292)