Re: IS-IS reference

  • From: Dave Cooper
  • Date: Mon Sep 13 19:20:00 1999

1. Use IBGP and redistribute connected/static and when you can, aggregate
   those statics/connecteds at each router.
2. Use IGP (IS-IS level-2 or OSPF area0) for the backbone links and
   IBGP, Any-RP loopbacks. Don't add instability to your
   IGP when you have IBGP that can take care of it much more efficiently.
   As long as IGP can reach/see each router's loopback, IBGP will
   work great for connecteds/statics (just make sure you don't announce
   these specifics to your peers).
3. Don't use static routing for backbone links.... i am not sure how that
   even came up. Remember this is a NSP of some sorts.
4. Do multicasting, just make sure you get clueful on it.  Its not rocket
   science... and with PIM sparse/dense, its much easier than the DVMRP
   days.  (and make sure you get on a good IOS release and stay off the
   buggy releases)

-dave