Updating contact information, where to check

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Fri Sep 10 06:21:44 1999

"Major" primary and secondary references for contact information.  When
making updates, you should check all these locations for obsolete or
incorrect information.  Actually getting the owner/operator of all of
these to make the changes is left as an exercise for the reader.  Yes,
I know I have some obsolete information around, and no I haven't figured
out how to correct it everywhere.

Autonomous System Number
IPv4 Network Number
IPv6 Network Number?
   Primary references
	whois.arin.net
	whois.ripe.net
	whois.apnic.net

   Secondary references
        whois.rsng.net
	whois.cw.net
	whois.ans.net (still answers)
	IN-ADDR.ARPA TXT records for some exchange points
	IN-ADDR.ARPA SOA records for some network numbers

Maintainer Record
   Primary references
	whois.arin.net
	whois.ripe.net
        whois.rsng.net
	whois.cw.net
	whois.ans.net (still answers)

Domain Name
   Primary references
	whois.crsnic.net
        many other registries, see SuperWhois tool

   Secondary references
	lots, see spam

Name Server (Glue record)
   Primary references
	whois.crsnic.net
        many other registries, see SuperWhois tools

   Secondary references
	rare

Other lists of contacts
    Exchange points