Re: IMRSS

  • From: sthaug
  • Date: Thu Sep 09 11:28:42 1999

> The IMRSS open-mail-relay-protection service has listed one of my machines,
> 129.173.1.10, as an open mail relay, I dunno why, coz it ain't.  Several
> regular mail peers have called me about this.

Most likely it's listed because it relays for other, open hosts.

> Is anyone running this thing?  or is it an unattended dinosaur causing more
> problems than it solves?

Well, IMRSS also lists the following:

129.173.1.56
129.173.1.67
129.173.1.83
129.173.1.88

which *are* indeed open relays. So even if 129.173.1.10 is closed, you
still have several other open relays on your network.

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, [email protected]