Re: read this before you consider EXODUS

  • From: Russell Briggs
  • Date: Wed Sep 01 20:35:25 1999

On Wed, Sep 01, 1999 at 06:09:50PM -0400, Ravi M said:

> What sounds like "fruitless bitching" to you will serve as useful
> information for other people out there, who are in the process of
> selecting service providers.

No.  The only way to offer a even remotly reliable view on whether or
not an ISP is good/bad is to see the good AND the bad.  I think I can
speak for the majority of the list when I say that making nanog into a
public bitch forum is the last thing we want.  Take your gripes elsewhere.

> This is a *open* forum that people bring realities like these publicly.
> You are entitled to speak for yourself, and if it sounds like what you
> inferred, you are subscribing to the wrong list. Just do a
> "unsubscribe".  One of the intent of this open list is to make aware of
> realities of ISPs around, beyond the glare of the press and marketing.

Have you even taken the time to read the charter/aup for nanog?  The first
rule in the aup states that:

	Discussion will focus on Internet operational and technical
	issues as described in the charter of NANOG.

Not whether or not you think Exodus sucks.

-RussB

> And using words like "fruitless bitching" does not make your opinion
> more potent to anyone, unless they hold a lot of Exodus stock (: Do
> you?. Try to refrain from unnecessary language.
>
> Take it easy
> RaviM
>

> > http://fnews.yahoo.com/street/99/09/01/valley_990901.html
> >This sort of fruitless bitching pretty much serves no useful purpose.

  Russell Briggs                                     TEL: 512-322-9200
  Senior Network Engineer                            CEL: 512-633-5983
  Onramp Access, Inc.                                FAX: 512-476-2878
  [email protected]                               http://www.onr.com/