Re: read this before you consider EXODUS

  • From: Vijay Gill
  • Date: Wed Sep 01 16:15:27 1999

On Wed, 1 Sep 1999, Ravi M wrote:

> http://fnews.yahoo.com/street/99/09/01/valley_990901.html
>
> Already there are signs that Exodus' relations with some high-profile
> clients are in jeopardy. Service problems are serious enough that
> they've generated high-level

What was the point of posting this again?  Every promising local ISP/colo
provider has problems, since you cannot please everyone all of the time.

What really matters is how _you_ are being treated and are they delivering
the services they promised you when the contracts were signed.

This sort of fruitless bitching pretty much serves no useful purpose.

Content:

I keep hearing about schemes like FastPath (tm, pat pending) and ASAP (tm)
because apparently the BGP path selection is inadequate.  Could someone
actually give some concrete examples or should I just chalk it up to
rumors since operationally, BGP couldn't be worse.

/vijay