RE: IP allocation software

  • From: Thomas Novak
  • Date: Wed Sep 01 08:06:37 1999

Jeremiah

You might also want to look at CNR (Cisco Network Registrar) . It also will provide provisioning capability when combined with LDAP server. It has had the capability for awhile.

It is also part of Cisco's CSRC package.

"Cisco Subscriber Registration Center (CSRC) is an integrated suite of software modules that allows large-scale configuration and management of broadband modems. Leveraging the extensibility of Cisco Network Registrar, CSRC enables and administers subscriber self-registration"

_Thomas

At 11:42 AM 8/31/99 -0400, Jeremiah Kristal wrote:

Thanks for the info. I was actually just looking for QIP when I got your
email.

On Tue, 31 Aug 1999, Muir, Ron wrote:

> QIP is IP management software, it also has a Provisioning Module that will
> allocate IPs based on the rules you set up. It also does DNS management. QIP
> is a Lucent product (they bought the company last year), the URL is below.
>
> http://www.qip.lucent.com/
>
> Ron
> ______________________
> Ron Muir
> IP Administration
> BellSouth.net
> [email protected] <<<<<PLEASE NOTE ADDRESS CHANGE>>>>>
> (770)522-6363

Jeremiah Kristal
Qwest Internet Solutions
Manager, Network Services
201-319-5764
x284 internal
Thomas Novak
Senior Consultant
Chesapeake Computer Consultants, Inc.  410.280.8840 X 3074
275 West Street Plaza 70                       410.280.8859 Fax
Annapolis, MD 21401                              781.846.8582 E-Fax
Chesapeake Computer Consultants, Inc.  440.247.6555 Direct
60 Park Lane                                         440.247.9379 Fax
Moreland  Hills, Ohio 44022                    440.725.1366 Mobile