Power outage in Vienna, Virginia and other things

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Tue Aug 24 05:15:24 1999

There is a power outage in the Vienna, VA area which appears to be affecting
a few co-location facilities in the area.  Some web sites I know hosted in
the area are down.  MAE-East is currently up.

While checking on Vienna, I also found I had problems reaching sites
in Boston, MA.  Both Tufts University and Boston University are off-net.
I haven't heard of anything happening in the Boston area.  I know Tufts
switch providers, but I don't know about BU.  So the information in the
RADB may not give good information for reaching the correct upstream
provider.

And there is a DS3 cable problem in Alameda, CA.