Re: "Engineer" (Was: Tech contact for Qwest?)

  • From: Stephen Sprunk
  • Date: Mon Aug 23 12:28:38 1999

I think that most of us act as ethically as management permits.  There's a
reason why vendors bring an "engineer" along on sales calls; customers have
a very solid understanding that nobody else (sales, marketing, etc) can be
trusted.  That's not to say every "engineer" is without ulterior motives,
but they're virtually guaranteed to be the most ethical people you'll meet
at any company.

What happens when a civil engineer refuses to certify a bridge is safe?
What happens when a network engineer refuses to certify a network will work?
Why is there a difference, and what can we do about it?

Stephen "Engineer" Sprunk

Stephen Sprunk, K5SSS, CCIE#3723
Network Consulting Engineer
Cisco NSA   Dallas, Texas, USA