Re: cheap GPS

  • From: bmanning
  • Date: Fri Aug 20 06:12:01 1999

> [email protected] writes:
> >http://www.navcen.uscg.mil/gps/geninfo/y2k/gpsweek.htm
> >
> >	Something to look forward to. :)
>
> Any predictions whether this will have more or fewer affects than
> NIST setting daylight savings time in the wrong month a few years
> ago on WWV/B?

	More. There are more receivers and more dependence on
	accurate time, e.g. accounting, backups, ticketing.
	Somewhere, somebody, witha  "blind" dependence on the
	NTP presentation will be out of sync w/ their neighbors
	& themselves and at best will waste time argueing about
	when something happened. At worst they'll overwrite critical
	data that has financial implications...  I predict.
	Or I could just get/stay lost...

--bill