Re: cheap GPS

  • From: Alex P. Rudnev
  • Date: Fri Aug 20 04:43:00 1999

Nothing unexpected - Y2K problem is not the problem of 2000 year (90% of
the cry about Y2K readyness and so on are only a good way to pick up more
money) - the real problem for the real-time devices will bŐ the scale
limits of the internal _real-time_ counters which count everywhere except
the year 2000; this is the nearest example of such overloading.

Through I did not see anything to worry about - your GPC may be show you
the wrong date, but why it can affect the accuracy at all (except some
short time around the very moment itself).

On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, Sean Donelan wrote:

> Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 20:26:34 -0500
> From: Sean Donelan <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: cheap GPS
>

> [email protected] writes:
> >http://www.navcen.uscg.mil/gps/geninfo/y2k/gpsweek.htm
> >
> >	Something to look forward to. :)
>
> Any predictions whether this will have more or fewer affects than
> NIST setting daylight savings time in the wrong month a few years
> ago on WWV/B?
>
> --
> Sean Donelan, Data Research Associates, Inc, St. Louis, MO
>   Affiliation given for identification not representation

Aleksei Roudnev, Network Operations Center, Relcom, Moscow
(+7 095) 194-19-95 (Network Operations Center Hot Line),(+7 095) 230-41-41, N 13729 (pager)
(+7 095) 196-72-12 (Support), (+7 095) 194-33-28 (Fax)