Re: What frame relay switch is causing MCI/Worldcom such grief?

  • From: Prabhu Kavi
  • Date: Mon Aug 09 14:47:06 1999

Vadim,

Your response is unrelated to the message I replied to, which
asked about the link state algorithm that Cascade uses.

As far as I know, nobody has announced which set of MCI Wordlcom's
switches were responsible for their outage.  Since MCI Worldcom
uses multiple types in their network, statements like "goes as
predicted - complexity bites" is irresponsible at best, even if it
is later determined the Cascade switches were actually the cause
of the outage.

Prabhu

Vadim Antonov wrote:

> This pretty much goes as predicted - complexity bites.  Watch for more.
>
> What happened to the KISS principle?
>
> --vadim
>
> >On top of OSPF, there is a protocol which is responsible for actually
> >setting up the connections according to specific constraints (e.g.
> >bandwidth, QoS level).  Again, this is similar to the work
> >now being done in working groups responsible for CR-LDP and RSVP.
> >Cascade released its version in 1993, and has been refining it
> >ever since.

Prabhu Kavi                     Phone:  978-264-4900 x125
Director, Prod. Mgmt.		FAX:    978-264-0671
Tenor Networks                  Email:  [email protected]
50 Nagog Park                   WWW:    www.tenornetworks.com
Acton, MA 01720