Re: OUTAGE: MCI/Worldcom frame-relay network

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Sat Aug 07 11:23:45 1999

[email protected] (Sean Donelan) writes:
>It is unknown when the network will stabilize.

Well, we still don't have all our PVC's back.  We were back to the
point of having only one PVC down, when the entire MCI/Worldcom
frame-relay network collapsed again last night.  Supposedly its been
escalated to Bernie now.

MCI/Worldcom's frame-relay network continues to 'toggle' switches
throughout the network.  There was an OC12 outage in Riverdale causing
congestion.  Several cards no longer worked at all.  MCI/Worldcom
is working on reloading software on 54 switches.  Still no ETR.