Re: more internic fun, and an idea

  • From: Mark Borchers
  • Date: Wed Aug 04 10:21:26 1999
On 4 Aug 99, at 6:36, melinda b. thompson wrote:

<snip>

> i suggest that internic should prorate the yearly charge and have to
> subtract the prorated days that it takes them to process change orders from
> the yearly bill for the domain.
>
> each single one would be just a small ammount.
>
> however, with as many domains that have been held up in "manual processing"
> or whatever, it could add up.
>
> opinions?

As frustrating as it can be to deal with InterNIC, objectively it
should be noted that:

(1) Your proposal would be costly to enforce because it would be
necessary to determine whether the registrant submitted a correctly
formed template so that culpability could be determined.

(2) It wasn't that long ago that two-week processing was standard for
a lot of domain transactions.  They raised the bar on themselves by
improving turnaround time through automatic processing.  I'm not sure
that they should now have to pay a price for that.

--
Mark Borchers
NetworkTwo Communications Group