Re: SYN spoofing

  • From: Randy Bush
  • Date: Tue Aug 03 13:07:29 1999

> - do folks use cisco's policy routing capabilities on their
>   routers?  core routers?

cpe, not core.  and an oft-unmentioned problem, as aggregation routers take
relatively large aggregations via channelized t3/e3 and bigger interfaces,
and most of those routers are underhorsed (insert rant on 75xx sl^H^Htime-
to-market), doing it on aggregation routers is often not reasonable.

> - does the use of policy routing significantly affect performance
>   in the core?

it would if folk did it.  hence they don't.

> I don't know how Cisco did their implementation of this feature.

optimism is not warranted.

randy