Re: The Cidr Report

  • From: Peter Galbavy
  • Date: Mon Aug 02 04:07:04 1999

On Fri, Jul 30, 1999 at 12:00:02PM -0700, Tony Bates wrote:
> Date	Prefixes
> 230799	61494
> 240799	61486
> 250799	61391
> 260799	61592
> 270799	61488
> 280799	61707
> 290799	61808
> 300799	61912

Erm, I know I posted about this a while back, but I think this is
potentially an important one. I haven't got a graphical browser just
now - so I cannot look at the graphs online - so this may be all
complete speculation, but can someone please extrapolate when we
will hit 2^16 routes in the general world ? Subtract a few week
window for local routes to push people over the 2^16 number and
then can we sit back and wonder how many routers / vendors / software
implementations will have some bug at that number ?

If I were being a millenial sceptic, I could hazard a guess at about
New Years Eve for that date ... :-)

Regards,
--
Peter Galbavy