Re: SYN spoofing

  • From: Joe Shaw
  • Date: Wed Jul 28 14:05:52 1999

Any provider who allows the passing of address space that isn't his own
(beyond whatever transit they may provide to their peers) is shameful.

How hard is it really to put a filter on your outbound links that says
drop all ip traffic heading out these links that isn't from my IP space?
It's just like martian filters for your inbound links, and we'd see a
significant decrease in spoofing based attacks if it was more widely
adopted.  Not to mention it'll keep peers from dumping traffic on you.

--
Joseph W. Shaw - [email protected]
Freelance Computer Security Consultant and Perl Programmer