Re: Toronto bell canada central office fire

  • From: Deepak Jain
  • Date: Sun Jul 18 17:48:41 1999

Having been a firefighter/paramedic in a past life... There have been
several instances in recent memory where fire departments have been sued
(and had to pay damages) where unnecessary or excessive damage was caused
by their response to an emergency call.

One example that always stuck in my mind:

Breaking down a door that would have opened if they tried the handle.

--

Very few local governments even have top-notch legal representation, and
many don't know how to defend something like that against a good legal team.

Deepak Jain
AiNET