Re: Toronto bell canada central office fire

  • From: Nathan Stratton
  • Date: Sat Jul 17 18:17:17 1999

On Sat, 17 Jul 1999, Sean Donelan wrote:

> But the goal isn't just to point out what was wrong.  But also to add any
> lessons to the knowledge base so we can avoid the same mistakes.  The
> major C.O. fires in New York city, Chicago(Hinsdale), Los Angeles all
> have reports looking at the causes and effects.  And I'm sure the Toronto
> fire will also have a report.  In most C.O. fires, even Hinsdale, the fire
> itself does very little damage.  It is all the byproducts of a fire and
> fire-fighting which cause the disruption and damage.

As a volunteer fire fighter I will agree with you on that one. I often
wonder why more people don't sue for damage, I guess there is
little they can do. Some people in fire fighters actually have fun
cutting holes where they don't need cut or flooding places with water
they know don't need it. Our department is very good, but many of them are
not concerned with the property at all.

Once the department is called, we take control. I don't care if you have
FM200 or not, we make sure there is no chance it will catch fire any time
soon.