Re: NSI/Internic operational announcement list

  • From: Dean Robb
  • Date: Sun Jul 04 18:29:15 1999

At 07:18 PM 7/3/99 -0700, Patrick Greenwell wrote:
>On Sat, 3 Jul 1999, Dean Robb wrote:
>

>> Now, Paul...you KNOW that customer service and NSI are mutually exclusive
>> terms.
>>
>> I'm still waiting for their 'Internet Ombudsman' to be named.  How long can
>> it take to find someone to do it?
>
>Is this a position where someone gets to take all the comments and
>criticisms as to how NSI is screwing up and pass them along?
>
>Sign me up. :-)

That's the theory, anyway.  It was announced a couple of weeks ago on the
DOMAIN-POLICY list by an open letter from the new CEO of NSI (whose name
escapes me at the moment).  Supposedly this person will have unfettered
access to the Top Brass and will bring to them issues we in the user world
have as well as solicit feedback on NSI plans.

I'm taking a very wait-and-see attitude on this one - I've heard far too
much hot air from NSI to believe it until I see it.

"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of ICANN?"

Dean Robb
Owner, PC-EASY
(757) 495-EASY [3279]
On-site computer repairs, upgrades and consultations
Lead SimOps columnist/reviewer on http://WWW.TheGamers.Net