Re: HP Openview Slowness.

  • From: Scott Call
  • Date: Wed Jun 09 15:53:23 1999

"Alex P. Rudnev" wrote:

> If you begin to use commercial soft after free one, then:
> - don't drop free soft, ypu'll use it anyway;

I know :) I'm doing HPOV because the 'suits' want a pretty network map on a projector
somewhere.  MRTG/etc will still be very present in the system :)

> - increase memory, CPU and disk up to 2 - 4 times (if you had 64RAM,
> install 512);

Noted, thanks.

> - be ready to be disappointed;

:)

> Through HP OV is not bad piece of software.

It's not, but I am disappointed it's not more router-centric.  I appreciate the need to
monitor workstations, but I've got multitudes more network devices that workstations/servers.

Thanks for all the responses everyone.
-scott

|Scott Call           |"How could this be a problem in a country where  |
|Router Geek          | we have Intel and Microsoft"-AlGore on y2 k     |