HP Openview Slowness.

  • From: Scott Call
  • Date: Wed Jun 09 15:11:11 1999

Hello.

    As part of a network I'm working on, I've install HPOpenView NNM
(first time, I've only used free/cheap stuff in the past) on a Sun
Ultra5, and it's performance is less than stellar.  It takes between 30
seconds and 5 minutes to traverse from one map to another (either up or
down).  This occurs no matter how many (or few) objects are on each
submap.

My two questions are:

1> Is this normal (or did I do something wrong with the software setup)
2> If you are running NNM, what platform are you using, and do you find
it satisfactory in responsiveness/etc.

Thanks!
-Scott