Re: Off-Topicish

  • From: Brandon Ross
  • Date: Tue Jun 08 01:17:37 1999

On Mon, 7 Jun 1999, Tim Wolfe wrote:

> Now, to bring this somewhat on topic.  How many of you are carrying backup
> pagers from a different provider than your primary paging service?

We use both pagers from either Skytel or PageNet as well as GSM phones
that can be paged.  A little technology redundancy can't hurt.

Brandon Ross            Network Engineering     404-815-0770 800-719-4664
Director, Network Engineering, MindSpring Ent., Inc.  [email protected]
                                                            ICQ:  2269442

Stop Smurf attacks!  Configure your router interfaces to block directed
broadcasts. See http://www.quadrunner.com/~chuegen/smurf.cgi for details.