Recommended NON-VIP based 7500 swtching paths

  • From: Brandon Applegate
  • Date: Fri May 28 10:50:08 1999

Greetings,

I was looking to get some feedback as to what people are using in
production on 75XX routers on standard line cards (HIP for example) for
switching paths.  I read one time on Cisco's site that on a 7500 non-vip
router, you can see up to 150k PPS using plain fast-switching, and up to
275k by using optimum.  Could someone be kind enough to elaborate on the
differences between fast/optimum switching other than the addition of
'optimum' on the command line ??  I dont remeber seeing too much detailed
info on the differences of these earlier switching paths on CCO.

Feel free to reply directly via email/off-list.

Thanks in advance.

Brandon Applegate, CCNA  :  Network Administrator
http://www.one.net       :  [email protected]