RE: OSPF multi-level hierarch: side question

  • From: Dan Rabb
  • Date: Fri May 28 03:08:31 1999

Routers will inevitably fail.  The question becomes how much exposure do you
want when it does?  Placing large amounts of customers on a single box is
more economical, and is long as you have an uplink to your network with
enough bandwidth to support them it's not a problem, but how many customers
do you want down when a single router fails?  This is obviously more of a
political question that an operational one.

Dan Rabb