More info: NYC FIBER CUT 5/19/99

  • From: Tony Bourke
  • Date: Thu May 20 15:38:00 1999

I walked up and asked some guy at the sight of the repair, and he said it
was only AT&T fiber, both voice and data.  I havn't heard of anybody
actually in 111 8th to be affected.

Tony

On Thu, 20 May 1999, I Am Not An Isp wrote:

> I have some more info on the fiber cut in NYC.
>
> It is right outside the 111 8th Ave. building and *appears* to only affect
> people in that building.  (Prolly hit the conduit going into the building,
> not the main fiber loop - but I can't confirm that.)
>
> The ETR has been changed.  It was 8 hours as of ~9:30 AM PDT.  (*Much*
> longer than the original estimate.)
>
> I'll try to keep you updated as I get more info.
>
> TTFN,
> patrick
>
> I Am Not An Isp - www.ianai.net
> ISPF, The Forum for ISPs by ISPs, <http://www.ispf.com>
> "Think of it as evolution in action." - Niven & Pournelle
> (No, I still don't have enable.)

Tony Bourke                    [email protected]
Senior Performance Engineer    DC/NOVA   703.326.9326
Frontier GlobalCenter          NYC	 917.305.7015