RE: Is anyone actually USING IP QoS?

  • From: Alex P. Rudnev
  • Date: Wed May 19 04:57:29 1999

> On Wed, 19 May 1999, Alex P. Rudnev wrote:
>
> If you have an OC-48, someone will find a way to Smurf it and then you
> will need QoS at the ICMP level (CAR?).  I believe that no matter how
> unlimited your b/w will be you will always need some modicum of QoS.
It's just what I am saying - some technologies (as CAR) are used widely,
some with the troubles (traffic-shaping, for example), some are dead
(RSVP).

Through - SMURF by OS-48? Let's the enemy try - OS-48 will not notice it
at all. You can't generate such traffic by the simple way.

Anyway, no one answer to the initial question. I guess no one here use
complex QoS features, except primitive (CAR, RED, WFQ) ones.

Alex.