Re: whois changes

  • From: Andrew Brown
  • Date: Sun May 16 01:55:59 1999

>Yes, I can *guess* what the handle is.  The point is that you can't get it
>via whois.  You can *guess* that it $domain$x-DOM, but where is this
>documented?   And why turn 2 whois queries into at least 3?  A whois on a
>domain should at least return the handle - you think?

actually...my point was twofold.  yes, you can guess, but this doesn't
always work, as evidenced by antigua which is ag-dom1.

yes, the whois should return direct hits (eg, the domain itself and/or
the host).  first, at least.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
[email protected]             * "ah!  i see you have the internet