Re: IXC Fiber cut Michigan

  • From: Abha Ahuja
  • Date: Fri May 14 14:48:43 1999

On Fri, 14 May 1999, Sean Donelan wrote:

> Jared Mauch <[email protected]> writes:
> > IXC Ticket number 86537
>
> Well, this fiber cut interrupted service between MICHNET's router
> at AADS and the rest of Merit/MICHNET.  The problem for me was the
> michnet router was still advertising it could reach the rest of
> michnet, and therefore traffic (such as nanog mail) went into the

We got everything just fine... :)  The reverse path was just a bit
fuggly... And only temporarily... We fixed that real fast and all was well
before the circuit was restored.

And now that the circuits are back up, we are much happier.

Beers are on Bert... ;)

-abha ;)

> IXC fiber blackhole until I could manually re-route through somewhere
> else.  Of course, everyone else who was in the same boat, won't see
> this message until the circuit is restored.
>
> > the Sean/Claus FTL sled was NOT seen in the area.
>
> I can neither confirm nor deny access to Mr. Kringle's sled.
>
> Any sign of Qwest contractors in the area? :-)
> --
> Sean Donelan, Data Research Associates, Inc, St. Louis, MO
>   Affiliation given for identification not representation

abha ahuja						[email protected]
Merit Network, Inc.					734.764.0294