whois changes

  • From: Kevin Day
  • Date: Fri May 14 14:08:07 1999

This isn't strictly network related, but...

The format of the WHOIS responses changed, which broke a script of mine.

# whois nonexistantdomain.com
No match for "NONEXISTANTDOMAIN.COM".

You agree that you will not reproduce, sell, transfer, or
modify any of the data presented in response to your search request, or
use of any such data for commercial purpose, without the prior
express written permission of Network Solutions.

# whois dragondata.com

Registrant:
Dragon Data (DRAGONDATA-DOM)
   1703 W Brown St
   Arlington Heights, IL 60004
   US

   Domain Name: DRAGONDATA.COM

   Administrative Contact, Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
      Day, Kevin  (KD748)  [email protected]
      847-797-9975 (FAX) 847-222-0912
   Billing Contact:
      Day, Kevin  (KD748)  [email protected]
      847-797-9975 (FAX) 847-222-0912

   Record last updated on 08-Jul-98.
   Record created on 03-Apr-97.
   Database last updated on 13-May-99 08:35:10 EDT.

   Domain servers in listed order:

   NS1.DRAGONDATA.COM           204.137.237.2
   CEREBUS.MCS.COM              192.160.127.125
   NS2.DRAGONDATA.COM           204.137.237.8

You agree that you will not reproduce, sell, transfer, or
modify any of the data presented in response to your search request, or
use of any such data for commercial purpose, without the prior
express written permission of Network Solutions.

The verbage change broke my script, only because of sloppy programming on my
part, but.... Since whois'es sometimes close before you get the entire
report, I needed a way to know I got the entire message.

This effect anyone else? Anyone else in favor of a "HEADS-UP" from
networksolutions before these take place? :)

Kevin Day
DragonData