Re: IXC Fiber cut Michigan

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Fri May 14 13:57:33 1999

Jared Mauch <[email protected]> writes:
> IXC Ticket number 86537

Well, this fiber cut interrupted service between MICHNET's router
at AADS and the rest of Merit/MICHNET.  The problem for me was the
michnet router was still advertising it could reach the rest of
michnet, and therefore traffic (such as nanog mail) went into the
IXC fiber blackhole until I could manually re-route through somewhere
else.  Of course, everyone else who was in the same boat, won't see
this message until the circuit is restored.

> the Sean/Claus FTL sled was NOT seen in the area.

I can neither confirm nor deny access to Mr. Kringle's sled.

Any sign of Qwest contractors in the area? :-)