Re: OUTAGE: multiple outages around the country

  • From: Andrea Di Lecce
  • Date: Sat May 01 07:38:09 1999

[Some humour for you all]

A couple of us in the office have officially named Fridays "Fiber Cut
Fridays."

Two weeks ago, we took bets on what time the Canadian fiber cut would be at
(or no cut at all).  There was no cut.  The 10 people who betted "no cut"
received $3 each.

Last Friday, we didn't take bets, and a cut occurred. :)

Start your own local pool !  More money than the stock market !  :)

At 13:40 4/30/99 -1000, you wrote:

>On Fri, 30 Apr 1999, Sean Donelan wrote:
>
>> Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 12:00:06 -1000
>> From: Sean Donelan <[email protected]>
>> To: [email protected]
>> Subject: Re: OUTAGE: multiple outages around the country
>>

>>			[......]
>>
>> I've now also received a report of a Texas fiber cut (frontier or als)
>> and outages in Deleware, Ohio, Maryland, Michigan, New York,
>> Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia (mci or worldcom).  It still
>> isn't clear if there is one or more than one cut in the northeast.
>>
>> I'm also not sure where the Tennessee and Florida outages are
>> originating, or if they are connected with the ones mentioned above.
>

>Ladies and Gentlemen:
>
>Very Briefly... thought that I would interject/contribute a tid-bit
>on outages elsewhere -- than what seems to be known.
>
>A cable was severed in Honolulu also today, that took out 90+ strands of
>fiber. Time-Warner Telecom, DREN Traffic Flow and Connectivity to
>I2/Abilene were aamong those effected.  I have no follow-up to provide you
>now on this..
>
>Best.

Andrea Di Lecce                     (416) 935-6485
[email protected] Network Operations
1 Mount Pleasant Road, Toronto, M4Y 2Y5