Re: fiber cuts (fwd) on behalf of Pat Young

  • From: Larry Snyder
  • Date: Fri Apr 30 22:57:29 1999

On Fri, Apr 30, 1999, Larry Snyder <[email protected]> quoth:

> "Jamie D." <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > Worldcom has  fiber cut in DC that affects 5664 DS-3's
> > woohoo
> >

> That would probably be the one between DC and Pittsburg.  I have it on
> good (Ann Arbor) authority that at least some of the North Royalton
> cut has been restored.  I'm just glad it's not me answering phones :-(
> -ls-

I've been on the phone with various vendors all night (funny how wcom
affects so much of this, hmm? ;-)  )

Anyway - it's not 5664 DS3's - the train wreck is scattered over approx
5664 feet of track - and WorldCom is prevented from getting in there to
start repairs until the local authorities, CSX, and NTSB (I think,
guessing on that one) have finished their investigation.  The guy I just
got off the phone with told me that this particular cut will likely be
down all night.

I'd post this to NANOG, but I didn't sign up for posting access, since I
don't really have much to post. :-)  If you could post it, I'd greatly
appreciate it. :-)

Cheers..
-Pat

"One World, One Web, One Program." - Microsoft Promotional Ad
"Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein F�hrer" - Adolf Hitler

<<  End forwarded message