Re: Above.net off the air

  • From: Jay R. Ashworth
  • Date: Wed Apr 28 10:35:26 1999

On Wed, Apr 28, 1999 at 12:38:08AM -0700, I Am Not An Isp wrote:
> Additionally, without commenting on the cause or the fix or even
> Above.Net's network, I must say Above.Net does a good job of trying to keep
> their customers informed.  I've seen notifications for things which might
> not have been noticed by customers - things other providers might have
> tried to sweep under the rug.

They do seem to have an excellent rep in other circles.

Phil Greenspun of Ars Digita, whom I'm sure is a polarizing concept
(:-) seems to like them real well...

(For those who've never run across Phil, he wrote "How To Be A Web
Whore Just Like Me", aka "Creating Database Backed Websites" -- some
publishers have _no_ sense of humor.  http://photo.net)

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                [email protected]
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.