Re: Above.net off the air

  • From: I Am Not An Isp
  • Date: Wed Apr 28 03:55:03 1999

At 06:51 PM 4/27/99 -0400, Becki Kain wrote:

>Personally, I'm glad it was posted. I have a friend who has two servers
>at abovenet and they were not told, and definatly not 3 times, what the cause
>of the downtime was.  I realise it is one of the hazards of co-location of
>your servers, not to be able to run to it, but still would be nice to know
>it wasn't your machines that were down.

In Above.Net's defense, and without making any comment on the cause or the
fix of the problem, I can vouch as a "disinterested party" that three
separate messages went out the tech list @ above.net regarding this issue.
Perhaps your friend is not correctly registered on the contact list or
something?

Additionally, without commenting on the cause or the fix or even
Above.Net's network, I must say Above.Net does a good job of trying to keep
their customers informed.  I've seen notifications for things which might
not have been noticed by customers - things other providers might have
tried to sweep under the rug.

TTFN,
patrick

I Am Not An Isp - www.ianai.net
ISPF, The Forum for ISPs by ISPs, <http://www.ispf.com>
"Think of it as evolution in action." - Niven & Pournelle
(No, I still don't have enable.)